About the Juliet Shaw Legacy Project
The Juliet Shaw Legacy Project is made possible by the combined efforts of Sandra Shaw Murphy and thereminist, Kip Rosser. Its goals are threefold:
1) First and foremost the goal is to donate the entire collection, including Juliet Shaw’s theremin, to an institution – one willing to house the collection and exhibit it.
2) Before the collection can be donated, it is necessary to properly organize, archive and digitize the entire collection of materials. This consists of hundreds of items of printed matter as well as dozens of hours of audio and rare video recordings.
3) The preservation of Juliet Shaw’s custom theremin.
How to Donate
Click on the “Donate Now” button and follow the instructions.
You will receive an email confirming your donation.
The Fundraising Goal: $5,000
All donations go directly to pay for:
1) Preserving Juliet Shaw’s theremin (including its transport with the rest of the collection).
2) Fees for archival materials (binders, acid-free sleeves, etc).
3) Vendor fees for digital transfers of older forms of audio and video requiring special machines.
4) Fees for professional mastering and producing the first release of Juliet Shaw’s recordings.
5) Ongoing expenses currently being incurred for items 1 – 4.
Once the goal amount is reached, fundraising will stop. Any funds left over after the above five items are covered will be donated to Sandra Shaw Murphy’s Silvermine Music Series, Inc.
Free Juliet Shaw Music Vol. 1 for Donations of $20 or More
Anyone donating $20 or more will receive a free copy of the first collection of Juliet Shaw’s theremin performances ever to be released.